Texastom

Default Creating new series requires div cell val by itself . How to do t.

I am trying to rebase a time series which requires dividing the first value
in each series by itself. I keep getting circular error messages regardless
of how I format the calculation. Is ther a way around this issue?
Gord Dibben

Texas

When you divide a number(and time is a number) by itself you will get 1.

Is that what you want?

You could use a couple of helper columns.

Assume data in column A.

In B1 enter =A1.

In C1 enter =A1/B1.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP