kluger

Default mail merge

I am trying to print labels with Mail Merge from and Excel worksheet, but not
with addresses. Only my first line of the text is showing up on my label
preview. Each label is previewing with only one line of text. Help!
Gord Dibben

kluger

For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source.

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm

And a training tutorial for creating envelopes and labels.

http://office.microsoft.com/training...RC010390291033

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:23:06 -0800, kluger
wrote:

I am trying to print labels with Mail Merge from and Excel worksheet, but not
with addresses. Only my first line of the text is showing up on my label
preview. Each label is previewing with only one line of text. Help!

kluger2

I am either not smart enough to understand those sites or the answer is not
there, I could not find what I need. Everything just seems to be refering to
address lines and not text. Thanks for your reply!

wrote:

I am trying to print labels with Mail Merge from and Excel worksheet, but not
with addresses. Only my first line of the text is showing up on my label
preview. Each label is previewing with only one line of text. Help!

Gord Dibben

What sort of text do you have in a cell(s)?

Post a sample(not a workbook).

Shouldn't matter whether or not it is an address or straight text as long as
the text is formatted properly in a cell.

Gord

wrote:

I am trying to print labels with Mail Merge from and Excel worksheet, but not
with addresses. Only my first line of the text is showing up on my label
preview. Each label is previewing with only one line of text. Help!

kluger2

I am so new to using excel, I do not know how to post a sample. I will try
to explain what I am doing. I am putting together an auction booklet for our
school and trying to get the "Item Description" column to print on our
labels, so we do not have to manually write out each description. Some of
our descriptions are one lines, some have more information (i.e. ..Kansas
City Royals Tickets) or
(Gift Certificate from Bijin
Day Spay for manicure and
Pedicure)
They do not have the ( ) around the text.
If you can tell me how to post a sample please feel free. I have about 7
worksheets
in my workbook. A friend said something about wrap around wording? but I do
not know how to look for that!
Thanks!
Kluger

wrote:

I am trying to print labels with Mail Merge from and Excel worksheet, but not
with addresses. Only my first line of the text is showing up on my label
preview. Each label is previewing with only one line of text. Help!

Gord Dibben

If you wish, send me your workbook to my email....not to the group where
attachments are frowned upon.

Change the AT and DOT to get my address.

Gord