Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Legends in Excel charts

When I use a pattern fill for a bar in a bar chart, the legend changes from
the name of the series to all the entries on the X-Axis. Is this just the way
Ecel works or is there a way around this? If this is normal, I think a change
to Excel is needed.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

This is normal behaviour when you change 1 point in a chart that has 1
series.
To stop this add another series and then format the single data point.

And then you will need to format the additional series and legend so they do
not appear.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"Cheezeman" wrote in message
When I use a pattern fill for a bar in a bar chart, the legend changes
from
the name of the series to all the entries on the X-Axis. Is this just the
way
Ecel works or is there a way around this? If this is normal, I think a
change
to Excel is needed.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If all the points have the same format except the one, do you need a legend?

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions