Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Stupid Question

I am creating a time sheet and what I want it to do is pull from cell (A9)
and (A22), which have a date manually entered (Thursday, May 01, 2008) stored
in them and display in cell (B5) the following;

Thursday, May 01, 2008 - Wednesday, 14, 2008

which are (A9) and (A22) respectively. The closest I can get is the following;

09/01/2116 09/01/2116

both cells (A9) and (A22) are formated to display the date as described
above. It appears that the cells are being added before being displayed. The
current formula for cell (B5) that I am using is as follows;

=A9+A22 format = (mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy)

I know that I am probably missing something stupid but I can not figure out
how to get it to display the way that I want with the format that I want. I
have tried a few other formulas but none were successful and generated worse
results than I am getting with this one. Please help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

from worksheet
=TEXT(A9,"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")&" - " &TEXT(A22,"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")
from vba
MyString = format(Range(A9),"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")&" - "
&format(Range(A22),"dddd, mmm dd, yyyy")