Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NotIT

Default Stupid counting question!!

I know this is dumb, but it's driving me nuts - one of my co-workers has a
spreadsheet and if he highlights a group of cells with his mouse, the number
of cells he has highlighted automatically comes up on the bottom of his
screen - it says "Count=11" or however many cells he highlighted.

It doesn't add the number IN the cells, just counts whatever he highlights.
He has NO idea how he got it to do this and one of my other co-workers needs
this function on one of his spreadsheets.

I'm sure this is some stupid, easy thing, but I can NOT figure it out and
it's driving me nuts!!! I did search through the questions but either I'm
not finding this EXACT thing, or I'm not understanding it....

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!! (o:
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Kuunders

right click in the spot where the sum appears at the bottom of your screen
and select.........

you can cancel the appointment with your psychiatrist.

--
Greetings from New Zealand
Bill K

"NotIT" wrote in message
I know this is dumb, but it's driving me nuts - one of my co-workers has a
spreadsheet and if he highlights a group of cells with his mouse, the
number
of cells he has highlighted automatically comes up on the bottom of his
screen - it says "Count=11" or however many cells he highlighted.

It doesn't add the number IN the cells, just counts whatever he
highlights.
He has NO idea how he got it to do this and one of my other co-workers
needs
this function on one of his spreadsheets.

I'm sure this is some stupid, easy thing, but I can NOT figure it out and
it's driving me nuts!!! I did search through the questions but either I'm
not finding this EXACT thing, or I'm not understanding it....

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!! (o:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ron Coderre

Try this:
Right-Click in the status bar (at the bottom of the Excel window).
Select the function you want to be used.

Does that help?

***********
Regards,
Ron

XL2002, WinXP-Pro

"NotIT" wrote:

I know this is dumb, but it's driving me nuts - one of my co-workers has a
spreadsheet and if he highlights a group of cells with his mouse, the number
of cells he has highlighted automatically comes up on the bottom of his
screen - it says "Count=11" or however many cells he highlighted.

It doesn't add the number IN the cells, just counts whatever he highlights.
He has NO idea how he got it to do this and one of my other co-workers needs
this function on one of his spreadsheets.

I'm sure this is some stupid, easy thing, but I can NOT figure it out and
it's driving me nuts!!! I did search through the questions but either I'm
not finding this EXACT thing, or I'm not understanding it....

Thanks in advance for ANY help!!! (o:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
NotIT

LOL! Thank you, man I knew it was a simple step but of course I could NOT
remember or figure it out!!!!