Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why does screen go blank when saving large files?

My screen often goes blank (turns white except for the bar at the top) when
saving large Excel files (4.0 MB). I have checked the CPU usage while the
problem is occuring and it is only about 4%. Does anyone know why? Thanks in
advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

That happens to me all the time and not just saving. It's ugly but I think
harmless.

--
Jim
"Carl" wrote in message
| My screen often goes blank (turns white except for the bar at the top)
when
| saving large Excel files (4.0 MB). I have checked the CPU usage while the
| problem is occuring and it is only about 4%. Does anyone know why? Thanks
in
| advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks, Jim. I've noticed in my case it only happens after I have been
running several large files for a while. Rebooting the PC helps temporarily.
I am still concerned about it because I have plenty of RAM. Anyone else have
any ideas? Thanks.

"Carl" wrote in message
| My screen often goes blank (turns white except for the bar at the top)
when
| saving large Excel files (4.0 MB). I have checked the CPU usage while the
| problem is occuring and it is only about 4%. Does anyone know why? Thanks
in
| advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I found the problem...This started right after installing IntelliPoint 6.1
for a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 4000. I removed the program
from my startup files and solved the problem. I don't have all the "bells and
whistles" without the program running but the mouse still functions fine
without the aggravation.