Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Error bars on a graph

I am using Excel 2003, and I am trying to put error bars on my standard 2-D
bar graph. The graph is for a research project looking at pretest and
posttest averages for a group of 4 people concerning performance on several
outcome measures. We have had a statistician run our results, and I have the
specific numbers I want to put on each pretest and posttest bar. I have
found how to insert the error bars, and how to input custom values, but it
applies the standard deviation to the whole series. In actuality, the
standard deviation is different for each measure. Is there a way to put in
the individual standard deviations on each seperate bar in the graph?

Thanks for your help!