IOWAJulie

Default How can I change a graph with 2 bars,2 lines to 3 bars, 1 line?

I have a data set with 3 numbers and a total. I'd like to total to display
differently than the 3 numbers. I'd prefer a bar chart (side by side, not
stacked) with a line for the total.

Thank you!
Jon Peltier

Select the series you need to change, then on the Chart menu, select
Chart Type, and choose a clustered column for this series.

Next time, don't even frustrate yourself with the custom chart type,
just start by making a clustered column chart, then select the total out
of this mess, and use Chart Chart Type to make it a line.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

IOWAJulie wrote:

I have a data set with 3 numbers and a total. I'd like to total to display
differently than the 3 numbers. I'd prefer a bar chart (side by side, not
stacked) with a line for the total.

Thank you!

Jon Peltier

Side by side IS clustered, isn't it? Basically the technique works with
almost any chart type. If you select just a series, then the type is
applied just to the selected series.

- Jon
-------