Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LR LR is offline

Default AutoCalc in Excel is stuck!

Hi all... I have a spreadsheet that is not updating formulas when changes are
made. The options are set correctly to autocalc, and I've read all of the
advice here about how Excel gets it's settings from the first excel file
opened in a session.

I've closed Excel, reopened. Open a blank worksheet, verified that it's set
to auto calc. Then I open the troubled file and it has the 'calculate' in
the bottom left-hand side. If I go in to options, it's still checked at
Auto, even though it isn't working.

Ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this list:

http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0024.html

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"LR" wrote in message ...
| Hi all... I have a spreadsheet that is not updating formulas when changes are
| made. The options are set correctly to autocalc, and I've read all of the
| advice here about how Excel gets it's settings from the first excel file
| opened in a session.
|
| I've closed Excel, reopened. Open a blank worksheet, verified that it's set
| to auto calc. Then I open the troubled file and it has the 'calculate' in
| the bottom left-hand side. If I go in to options, it's still checked at
| Auto, even though it isn't working.
|
| Ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
LR LR is offline

Thanks Niek.. looks like I have hit likely hit the dependency limit... thanks
for the help!