Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data | filter

Hi,

I have 100 rows in a worksheet.

I filtered the column with specific condition ( e.g., filter column
with my name)

Say my name is in first row, tenth row, 50th row ....

And my excel show row numbers as 1,10,50 and then suddenly it is
showing 58258,58259........ upto 65536.

My Question is why the filter is not showing 1,10,50 and then
101,102,103....655536.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

You might have formulae entered in your sheet, showing Null because some
condition is not met.
If these formulae extend down your sheet to row 58257, then the behaviour
you are seeing is quite correct.
Alternatively, Excel may be confused as to where the end of your used range
is located.

If there genuinely shouldn't be any data below row 100, select row
101Ctrl+Shift+Arrow down to select through to row 65536Right click on row
numbersDelete
Save the file and (dependent upon version of Excel) close file and re-open.

Now try your Autofilter again
--
Regards
Roger Govier