Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SEF SEF is offline

Default Excel 2007 Data Filter - When using cut it clears all data

Hello,

In the Excel 2003 I used the Data filter feature to cut or remove selected
rows from my sheet. The expected result the remains rows would remain in the
sheet as occurred with Excel 2003.

With Excel 2007, if I cut or remove the selected rows, when I uncheck the
filter the sheet is blank. How do I keep Excel 2007 from removing just the
rows that I cut or delete and have all remaining rows stay on the sheet.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't see any difference between versions. When I set an autofilter and
delete entire rows, only the visible rows are deleted. When I cut/paste the
entire range selected, including hidden rows, is moved. In the latter case,
for either version, if you wanted just visible cells to be moved, you'd have
to do a {F5}, Special, Visible Cells Only first.

--
Jim
"SEF" wrote in message
| Hello,
|
| In the Excel 2003 I used the Data filter feature to cut or remove selected
| rows from my sheet. The expected result the remains rows would remain in
the
| sheet as occurred with Excel 2003.
|
| With Excel 2007, if I cut or remove the selected rows, when I uncheck the
| filter the sheet is blank. How do I keep Excel 2007 from removing just
the
| rows that I cut or delete and have all remaining rows stay on the sheet.
|
| Thanks for any help,
|
| Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Someone else wrote that they experienced the same problem--once. But when they
tried to reproduce it, excel's behavior went back to just the visible cells.
That poster blamed it on a faulty memory (IIRC).

If you continue to have trouble, you may want to add a step to your process.

Select the range to cut
edit|goto (or whereever xl2007 hides it) or ctrl-g or F5
Click Special
select visible cells

And then continue with what you want to do.

SEF wrote:

Hello,

In the Excel 2003 I used the Data filter feature to cut or remove selected
rows from my sheet. The expected result the remains rows would remain in the
sheet as occurred with Excel 2003.

With Excel 2007, if I cut or remove the selected rows, when I uncheck the
filter the sheet is blank. How do I keep Excel 2007 from removing just the
rows that I cut or delete and have all remaining rows stay on the sheet.

Thanks for any help,

Steve

--

Dave Peterson