Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Splitting Cells

How do I split cells in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you're using xl2003 and below, you can select your single column Range and
click on Data on the menu bar.

Then click Text to columns.

You'll be prompted to find out how you want to split the data--either by a
delimiter or by fixed column widths.

Hezzy wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It is a way of splitting a cell. Lets say A1 contains:

cat,dog,mouse,bird

all in one cell. Click on this cell and pull-down:

Edit Text to Columns...

then tell the Wizard what you want to do
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214261

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much for the link Gary, it has been very helpful.

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782