How do I split cells in Excel?

Gary''s Student

Splitting Cells

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Hezzy

Splitting Cells

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Dave Peterson

Splitting Cells

If you're using xl2003 and below, you can select your single column Range and
click on Data on the menu bar.

Then click Text to columns.

You'll be prompted to find out how you want to split the data--either by a
delimiter or by fixed column widths.

Hezzy wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

--

Dave Peterson

Gary''s Student

Splitting Cells

It is a way of splitting a cell. Lets say A1 contains:

cat,dog,mouse,bird

all in one cell. Click on this cell and pull-down:

Edit Text to Columns...

then tell the Wizard what you want to do
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Gary''s Student

Splitting Cells

Check this out:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/214261

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782

Hezzy

Splitting Cells

Thank you so much for the link Gary, it has been very helpful.

"Hezzy" wrote:

I have no idea what text to column is, what is it?

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

Use Text to Columns
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200782