Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Select a cell/row

I have the following code and when the data form opens I want it to be on the
first record. I thought I could enter something like
Range("A3").Select - just before the data form line
but I get an error - Select method of range class failed.

Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()
Sheets("Internal Sales Report").Visible = True
Sheets("Internal Sales Report").Select
Application.Run "ShowDataForm"
End Sub

Most of you will know that I am fairly new at this so thought I was taking
an educated guess! Guess I am not that well eductaed yet.
--

Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did it!

I thought about selecting the cell I want when I leave the sheet rather than
when I enter it and this works.

Sorry for wasting your time
--

"Leanne M (Aussie)" wrote:

I have the following code and when the data form opens I want it to be on the
first record. I thought I could enter something like
Range("A3").Select - just before the data form line
but I get an error - Select method of range class failed.

Private Sub CommandButton5_Click()
Sheets("Internal Sales Report").Visible = True
Sheets("Internal Sales Report").Select
Application.Run "ShowDataForm"
End Sub

Most of you will know that I am fairly new at this so thought I was taking
an educated guess! Guess I am not that well eductaed yet.
--

Leanne M (Aussie)
(Changed Display name from Leanne)
United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

United Kingdom
(Don''t ask me what an Aussie is doing living in the UK!)

Well, there are worse places you could be !! <bg

Pete