Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Running all data through a set of formulas

I have a formul that runs through four seperate steps and requires 4 seperate
cells. I have 8 tables per page with 7 rows per table, 2 columns of data that
are used to calculate the third column answer. Basically 7 rows per table
that have Data column A, Data column B, and Result column C. A,B are used to
determine C of the same Row.
The first formula converts B into a different unit of measure, formula 2
again converts the data, the third formula uses the result of formula 2 and
data A to arrive at another result, and finally the result is multiplied by
an integer and the product is C. I don't have enough space on the sheet to
add all the formulas to each set of data, and the sheet is a working model
that is printed for data collection in the field.
Basically, my question is "can I point each set of data to a single set of
formulas to get my answers?(a5,b5=c5),(a6,b6=c6), etc..

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Well, you are not likely to get much help, then !!

Pete

On Apr 29, 4:48*pm, -Bryan wrote:
I wish I could, they are propietary, and I wouldn't be looked on kindly
posting them on the web.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Let me put it another way, Is what I asked in the original post possible.

Combining these formulas into one throws off the accuracy, and quite a bit
of the calculations need to be changed. If it is possible, it would save a
lot of time doing what I asked about, than recalculating the formula to fit
in one box.

On Apr 29, 4:48 pm, -Bryan wrote:
I wish I could, they are propietary, and I wouldn't be looked on kindly
posting them on the web.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without knowing the formula, we can't say for certain, but my bet is you can
combine them. I would try to reduce them one at a time.

Let's say your four formulas are in a2,b2,c2 and d2.
Start with b2.
Wherever a2 is used, substitute the formula that's in a2
If that works, do the same with the other cells.

Regards,
Fred.

On Apr 29, 4:48 pm, -Bryan wrote:
I wish I could, they are propietary, and I wouldn't be looked on kindly
posting them on the web.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the response guys, I was hoping there was a way to cusomize an
argument or us an "IF/THEN" type situation. I've already gone through the
combining of formulas, the best it could be brought down to was 4 cells
instead of 6. If it is combined into one cell, the calculations and fixed
numbers in the cell must be changed in order to retain accuracy. It's
variance increases greatly as the input data gets higher or lower than a set
point. I've seen the formula in one cell and it is completely reworked from
the four cell variation. If I could use it, I would, but it would cost a few
hundred to purchase and use it.