Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel printing problems

Occasionally, after making update changes to a simple spreadsheet of
information gathered for elevators and escalators, (when fire service or
emergency phone was tested last) I try to print out a new 6 page version of
all this information, but what comes out of my printer is 1/2" to 1" sections
printed out one sheet at a time rather than the full sheet at a time. I know
it's not my HP 7100 series printer, but something I'm doing wrong in Excel.
You know what they say...PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer). Or it
may just be ID10t problem. Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a
compilation of information in this document.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have a look at your print area settings under FilePrint Area

Also go to ViewPageBreak View and see where the page breaks are set.

You may have to clear the print area and reset.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 17:01:03 -0700, scal8r
wrote:

Occasionally, after making update changes to a simple spreadsheet of
information gathered for elevators and escalators, (when fire service or
emergency phone was tested last) I try to print out a new 6 page version of
all this information, but what comes out of my printer is 1/2" to 1" sections
printed out one sheet at a time rather than the full sheet at a time. I know
it's not my HP 7100 series printer, but something I'm doing wrong in Excel.
You know what they say...PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer). Or it
may just be ID10t problem. Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a
compilation of information in this document.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Print area and page break look to accomodate my data just the way I've set it
up.
How might I "clear the print area (6 pages worth) and reset" without losing
all my data?

wrote:

Occasionally, after making update changes to a simple spreadsheet of
information gathered for elevators and escalators, (when fire service or
emergency phone was tested last) I try to print out a new 6 page version of
all this information, but what comes out of my printer is 1/2" to 1" sections
printed out one sheet at a time rather than the full sheet at a time. I know
it's not my HP 7100 series printer, but something I'm doing wrong in Excel.
You know what they say...PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer). Or it
may just be ID10t problem. Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a
compilation of information in this document.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can click on File | Print Area | Clear Print Area - it has no
effect on your data.

Hope this helps.

Pete

wrote:

Occasionally, after making update changes to a simple spreadsheet of
information gathered for elevators and escalators, (when fire service or
emergency phone was tested last) I try to print out a new 6 page version of
all this information, but what comes out of my printer is 1/2" to 1" sections
printed out one sheet at a time rather than the full sheet at a time. *I know
it's not my HP 7100 series printer, but something I'm doing wrong in Excel. *
You know what they say...PICNIC (problem in chair, not in computer). *Or it
may just be ID10t problem. *Any help would be appreciated as I have quite a
compilation of information in this document.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rats! Found out how to clear the print area, but excel is still only sending
an inch of a page of data at a time for each piece of paper. Hate to be such
a thorn, but does anyone have any other thoughts?