Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default removing duplicate rows from access?

I need to know how to remove duplicate rows from access or excel when only
one column has duplicates.. I don't care about the other field, I just need
to keep the first one it finds. \

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

One way ..

Assume duplicates to be checked on col A's data,
where data is in row2 down

In say, E2:
=IF(A2="","",IF(COUNTIF(A$2:A2,A2)1,"x",""))
Copy down to last row of data in col A. This flags duplicates with "x".
Then apply autofilter on col E, choose: x
Select the filtered rows (select the blue row headers)
Right click Delete Rows Done!
--
Max
Singapore
"mcpa" wrote:
I need to know how to remove duplicate rows from access or excel when only
one column has duplicates.. I don't care about the other field, I just need
to keep the first one it finds. \

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Access, you can use a Find Duplicates query. In Excel, Chip Pearson has a bunch of stuff
about them at www.cpearson.com
--
Regards from Virginia Beach,

Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"mcpa" wrote in message
I need to know how to remove duplicate rows from access or excel when only
one column has duplicates.. I don't care about the other field, I just need
to keep the first one it finds. \

thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel.........Select the column and DataFilterAdvanced Filter.

Check "Unique Records" and Copy to another location".

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP