Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluser2

Default removing duplicate rows

Ho do I remove duplicate rows in excel yet still keep a row but not the
duplicates.

--
exceluser2
exceluser2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31338

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Hudson

Which column(s) are you comparing to identify duplicates? If A1 = A2, are
rows one and two duplicates? Or A1 & B1 = A2 & B2? Or A1 & B1 &C1 = A2 & B2 &
C2?
Do you have a header row?
--
Ken Hudson

"exceluser2" wrote:

Ho do I remove duplicate rows in excel yet still keep a row but not the
duplicates.

--
exceluser2
exceluser2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31338
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518048

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
exceluser2

If in a row all cells match another row it would be a duplicate. Even
the header row is duplicated. A1 & B1 &C1... = A2 & B2 & C2... 150
cells per row

--
exceluser2
exceluser2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31338
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=518048

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Hudson

Checking for an entire duplicate row is beyond my ability.
If we can check the first several columns in one row against several columns
in another row, we can easily delete duplicates. Might this work?
--
Ken Hudson