Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How can I add a column to a table, w/o screwing up the formulas?

I'm fairly new to the excel world. This is probaly an easy solution.

Basically I have a table that has four columns. They are related to each
other because of date issues. They have formulas in them.

Example - if I put May 1st in the first column - it updates the next three
columns automatically.
Each row is a time table on a specific job. So may in the first one, the
second column lists the date 15 days later, the 3rd column a month later and
the last column has the ending date - 2 months later. =E18-15. So if I add
a new column . . . then "E" will no longer be "E" . .
And won't that screw up all the formulas?
Because adding a column between B and C . . . . would make a "new c" and
push the old "C" to become the new "D" . . . . screwing up all the formulas?
Does all that make sense????

BUT my boss wants me to add another column beside each of the first three
columns, where the person will put their initials when they have actually
completed the task.

How do I do that???? Because now if I click on a column it might read "
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
the formulas will adjust to the new columns and should keep their relative
reference to the old columns.

regards
FSt1