Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional Formatting Error

I have a large file with a lot of conditional formatting. Up until today it
worked fine. Today I have made some changes to the formatting, which works,
but when I go to save the file, I am getting an error message that says
Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added to (file
name).xls

All I could find on Microsoft help and support was that in 2002 and 2000 you
are limited to 2050 rows. I have Excel 2003.

Can anyone help with this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Based on your report it certainly looks as if the same problem exists in
Excel 2003 even though there is no article for it specifically. If I knew
how to reproduce the problem I'd see if Excel 2007 fixed it. Applying the
same format to rows 1:2051+ doesn't seem to reproduce it.

This is the article Debbie found:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/215783/en-us

--
Jim
"Debbie" wrote in message
|I have a large file with a lot of conditional formatting. Up until today
it
| worked fine. Today I have made some changes to the formatting, which
works,
| but when I go to save the file, I am getting an error message that says
| Excel could not save all the data and formatting you recently added to
(file
| name).xls
|
| All I could find on Microsoft help and support was that in 2002 and 2000
you
| are limited to 2050 rows. I have Excel 2003.
|
| Can anyone help with this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I emailed the file to someone that has 2007 and it saved the changes without
an error.

I think I left out a key element of the problem. I "Save As" this file each
month to the new month and add new month data. The tab that has all the
conditional formatting is 2851 rows long. In my February file, all lines
have the conditional formatting (2851 rows). When the file was saved as
March, a lot of the conditional formatting "disappeared". So now I am
actually trying to put back what was already there. But then I get this
error when I save. So I think maybe there is a twofold problem. The first
problem was the disappearance of formatting when I saved to the new month.
The second problem is the inability to correct the formatting.

Thanks for any insight.
Debbie