Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table top 60-80%

Hello,
I would much appreciate if someone could tell me how to extract the
following from a pivot table:
I have a table of total sales per person and per region, and would like to
see only the top 60% or the top 80% of sales.

Many thanks!

Emma.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It depends on what you mean by 60%. For example:

John 220
Jim 80
Trevor 60
Nigel 40
David 30
Tony 22
George 20
William 15
Gregor 10
Randolph 3

If you mean the top 60% of salespeople, then its the first 6 entries (out of
10).

If you mean 60% of sales, then its only the first two entries.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200781

"3307" wrote:

Hello,
I would much appreciate if someone could tell me how to extract the
following from a pivot table:
I have a table of total sales per person and per region, and would like to
see only the top 60% or the top 80% of sales.

Many thanks!

Emma.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for replying.

I mean the top 60% of sold item (data present in the underlying database:

item1 : 20K
item2: 30K
item3: 5K, etc (+10,000 items))

the pivot should still show total per person and per region, and it should
ideally be possible to show this on all items, top 80%, or top 60%.

hope this clarifies.