Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default inserting row

How can I insert a row above a cell that contains data?

In the following example, I want to insert another row above cells A3,
A5, A11 and A14.

row col A

1 111021001-7
2
3 112411015-2
4
5 116141013-4
6
7
8
9
10
11 116151002-5
12
13
14 118103010-7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I know how to insert rows but, considering there are 5,000 cells in
COL A but only 1,200 that contain data, is there a formula that I can
write to do this less manually?

===============================

"GARY" wrote in message

How can I insert a row above a cell that contains data?

In the following example, I want to insert another row above cells A3,
A5, A11 and A14.

row col A

1 111021001-7
2
3 112411015-2
4
5 116141013-4
6
7
8
9
10
11 116151002-5
12
13
14 118103010-7

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Select column A
Edit|Goto|Special|Constants (assuming that these are not formulas)
insert|Row

(in xl2003 menu system)

--

Dave Peterson