Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can hidden rows from an excel spreadsheet be deleted?

My excel spread sheet contains 20,000 (20K) rows, it is large. The hidden
rows 18,500 (18.5K) I have no use for them. How can I get rid of them and
have a document with useful information?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In vwrsions earlier than 2007 Excel worksheets have 65536 rows.

No more, no less.

You can hide the ones you don't want to see but you cannot get rid of them.

To reduce your file size, select the row below your last data and SHIFT + End +
DownArrow.

EditDeleteEntire Rows.

Same for columns to the right of your data.

NOW IMPORTANT step..................Save the workbook.

In some older versions of Excel you had to Save/Close and re-open.

The rows and columns won't be gone, but they will be cleared and count nothing
towards the file size.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:10:01 -0700, Raymond L
wrote:

My excel spread sheet contains 20,000 (20K) rows, it is large. The hidden
rows 18,500 (18.5K) I have no use for them. How can I get rid of them and
have a document with useful information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I thank Gord Dibben very much for his interest in solving a problem to a
fellow Microsoft Excel user. If I understood him well those rows with
unuseful information contained in between rows of the sheet cannot deleted.
Although it is very hard the hidden rows can be unhide and therefore deleted,
it is a solution. What I wanted was a more practical way to do it.

"Raymond L" wrote:

My excel spread sheet contains 20,000 (20K) rows, it is large. The hidden
rows 18,500 (18.5K) I have no use for them. How can I get rid of them and
have a document with useful information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

Think you could try copying only the visible rows over to a new sheet
(achieves the same purpose)

Press F5 Special Visible Cells only
Then right click to copy the selection
In a new sheet, right-click on A1 Paste special values

Delete the original sheet (optional)
--
Max
Singapore
"Raymond L" wrote:
My excel spread sheet contains 20,000 (20K) rows, it is large. The hidden
rows 18,500 (18.5K) I have no use for them. How can I get rid of them and
have a document with useful information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Unhide the rows and delete them?

Tyro

"Raymond L" wrote in message
My excel spread sheet contains 20,000 (20K) rows, it is large. The hidden
rows 18,500 (18.5K) I have no use for them. How can I get rid of them and
have a document with useful information?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I want to thank Max very very much for his response. It really worked and
save me a lot of hard working hours. That was amazing Max. Please pay
attention, I will post another question, this time about a formula to manage
a column data.