Mo

Default How do I create a range of months in Excel?

I need to create a list of months (at monthly intervals) as at the last day
of each month - Jan 31 2002, Feb 28 2002, March 31 2002 etc.. Once I have
this I shall give to a name for use in a combo box. I cannot get FILL -
Series to work which I think is what is needed in this case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Peo Sjoblom

One way, assume you copy accross, put first date manually in A1, e.g. 01/31/04
in B1 put

=DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+2,0)

copy across as long as needed, then select all dates and use a custom format
of

mmm dd yyyy

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Mo" wrote:

I need to create a list of months (at monthly intervals) as at the last day
of each month - Jan 31 2002, Feb 28 2002, March 31 2002 etc.. Once I have
this I shall give to a name for use in a combo box. I cannot get FILL -
Series to work which I think is what is needed in this case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Frank Kabel

Hi
in A1 enter
=DATE(2002,ROW()+1,0)
and copy this down

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

Mo wrote:
I need to create a list of months (at monthly intervals) as at the
last day of each month - Jan 31 2002, Feb 28 2002, March 31 2002
etc.. Once I have this I shall give to a name for use in a combo box.
I cannot get FILL - Series to work which I think is what is needed in
this case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Gordon

Mo wrote:
I need to create a list of months (at monthly intervals) as at the
last day of each month - Jan 31 2002, Feb 28 2002, March 31 2002
etc.. Once I have this I shall give to a name for use in a combo box.
I cannot get FILL - Series to work which I think is what is needed in
this case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

In the first cell type "31 Jan 2002", in the second type "28 Feb 2002" (both
without the quotes). Highlight both cells, and then drag for as far as you
want to go.

Gerry Cornell

Gordon

FWIW what you suggests works for any year except a leap year e.g. when
you need to enter 29 Feb 2004.

~~~~~~

Regards.

Gerry

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FCA

Stourport, Worcs, England
Enquire, plan and execute.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Gordon" wrote in message
Mo wrote:
I need to create a list of months (at monthly intervals) as at the
last day of each month - Jan 31 2002, Feb 28 2002, March 31 2002
etc.. Once I have this I shall give to a name for use in a combo box.
I cannot get FILL - Series to work which I think is what is needed in
this case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

In the first cell type "31 Jan 2002", in the second type "28 Feb 2002"
(both without the quotes). Highlight both cells, and then drag for as
far as you want to go.

Gordon

Gerry Cornell wrote:
Gordon

FWIW what you suggests works for any year except a leap year e.g. when
you need to enter 29 Feb 2004.

Quite true!