Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Default Cell Style

Can you change the default cell style in Excel 2007, so that every time you
add a worksheet or open a new workbook you don't have to go in and change the
cell format. Basically I want to change the number format. I see where in
Excel Options I can change the font and font size and such, but I want to
change the number format.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In xl2003's style dialog, there's a modify button on the right.

Select the Normal Style and click modify.

From there, you can select the number tab and change the numberformat.

But I bet you'll want to remember how you did this. Entering dates/times just
got more miserable. Try it and you'll see.

ps. These styles live in workbooks. It's not an excel setting.

You could create a book.xltx (or .xltm) template file with the normal style you
like. Then add the new icon to the QAT so that you'd get a new workbook based
on that template file when you click on the icon.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Quick Access Toolbar, basically the only thing you can configure in 2007
without programming
Under Office Button (top left) Excel Options and customize

Peo Sjoblom

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

In xl2003's style dialog, there's a modify button on the right.

Select the Normal Style and click modify.

From there, you can select the number tab and change the numberformat.

kurlisue wrote:

Can you change the default cell style in Excel 2007, so that every time
you
add a worksheet or open a new workbook you don't have to go in and
change the
cell format. Basically I want to change the number format. I see
where in
Excel Options I can change the font and font size and such, but I want
change the number format.

Thanks.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Peo Sjoblom wrote:

Quick Access Toolbar, basically the only thing you can configure in 2007
without programming
Under Office Button (top left) Excel Options and customize

Or r-click the Menu bar and make selections.