Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default default gridlines style

I need to find out how to change the gridline style in Excel. The system I
am on has black dotted gridlines (like the dotted style borders) and I would
like to change them to the solid, light grey gridlines. I am in Excel 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Open a new workbook
Delete all except one sheet
Goto ToolsOptionsView tabGridlines color
Select the desired color/style
Goto FileSave As
File name: Book
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Save in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
Again
Goto FileSave As
File name: Sheet
Save as type: Template (*.xlt)
Save in: C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART
Close & Reopen the Excel.
Do give me a feedback if any problem occurs

--

Best Regards,
FARAZ A. QURESHI

"mprothro" wrote:

I need to find out how to change the gridline style in Excel. The system I
am on has black dotted gridlines (like the dotted style borders) and I would
like to change them to the solid, light grey gridlines. I am in Excel 2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for the info. I am familiar with saving templates in xlstart but, i
do not have the option of changing the gridlines from the dotted lines to the
lighter colored solid line.

I know what you are talking about regarding
tools/options/view/gridlines/colors. And, from there, I am able to change
the dotted lines to any color on the palette. I still do not know how to
change the line style of the gridlines.

The reason I want to get this changed is because it gets hard on my eyes
staring at these tiny dotted lines.