Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Timesheet - convert time format

Hi! I'm creating a time sheet to log daily hours worked - in order to get a
decent idea of what my Gross paycheck will be. Right now the formula I'm
using to figure out my daily hours worked, is just a simple Time Out - Time
In. The only problem is that this reports the Hours Worked in a Hour:Minute
format.

Ex. As shown below, my timesheet reports that if I work from 6:45 to 13:35,
i will have worked 6hrs:50mins.
I would like to modify the current formula so that it reads "6.83" hours
(equal to 6hrs and 50 mins) in the Hours Worked column.
If you know how to do this, please share!

DATE | TIME IN | TIME OUT | HOURS WORKED
4/25 6:45 13:35 6:50 (C2-B2)

Much Thanks,
-Abby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Multiply by 24:

=(C2-B2)*24

Format as GENERAL or NUMBER

Using your sample times the result will be 6.83333333333333

You will probably want to round that to 2 decimal places:

=ROUND((C2-B2)*24,2)

Result is 6.83

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Abby" wrote in message
Hi! I'm creating a time sheet to log daily hours worked - in order to get
decent idea of what my Gross paycheck will be. Right now the formula I'm
using to figure out my daily hours worked, is just a simple Time Out -
Time
In. The only problem is that this reports the Hours Worked in a
Hour:Minute
format.

Ex. As shown below, my timesheet reports that if I work from 6:45 to
13:35,
i will have worked 6hrs:50mins.
I would like to modify the current formula so that it reads "6.83" hours
(equal to 6hrs and 50 mins) in the Hours Worked column.
If you know how to do this, please share!

DATE | TIME IN | TIME OUT | HOURS WORKED
4/25 6:45 13:35 6:50 (C2-B2)

Much Thanks,
-Abby

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks guys, I figured it would be something extremely simple like that!!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome!

--
Biff