Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default convert into time format

hi
I want to make a simple timetabel for my employees. Instead of time format
mm:ss I would like them just to type 1000 as in 10:00. I cannot find the
right way, and do not have expert skills in Excel. pls. help.
Henrik.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Cannot be done in Excel simply by formatting the cells.

You would have to use an adjacent column as a helper column with formulas to
make the change to time.

Chip Pearson has event code for quick entry of dates/times.

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Or an add-in from Bob Phillips' site

http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP