Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Validation Work Around

Is there a work around to creating lists on wroksheets from other worksheets.
I would like to have one worksheet with all my reference lists and data on
it.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 25, 12:06*pm, Neil M wrote:
Is there a work around to creating lists on wroksheets from other worksheets.
I would like to have one worksheet with all my reference lists and data on
it.

Yes create a named range. Go to insert name define... Give a range
or individual cell a name. then you can call the name from the data
validation by =Name. Then when your list gets bigger so does your
validation.
Jay
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch this 5 min video:

How to setup a data validation drop down list:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP