bayhe

Default Limit access to certain worksheets (tabs)

Hi,

I have a excel file with 16 spreadsheets and I would like to limit access of
certain users to certain spreadsheets in the file. Is there any solution to
this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Neil

There's a solution to every problem!

If I was to accomplish something like this I would go about it in the
following way.

1. Write some code that hides all the worksheets when the workbook opens.

2. Create a login dialog, and have the users login when the workbook opens.

3. Depending on which user logs in, unhide the sheets that they are entitled
to use.

That's of course just an outline of how to do it, much of the work you will
need to do will come from programming in VBA, something that every Excel
developer must be able to do.

If you need more specific help re-post here, or contact me through my site.

Regards

Neil
www.nwarwick.co.uk

"bayhe" wrote:

Hi,

I have a excel file with 16 spreadsheets and I would like to limit access of
certain users to certain spreadsheets in the file. Is there any solution to
this?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Dave Peterson

Neil gave you a overview of one way to do this. But if you must keep the data
private/secure from the other users, then excel isn't the tool to use.

With just a little bit of work, the protection can be broken and your data will
be available.

--

Dave Peterson