Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Independant times in excel

Hi all,

I work at a power station where we have 2 units for generating and i
need to use the on/off times for these units to calculate various bits
of info, such as:

*Total hours run for each unit per day
*Total number of starts for each unit per day
*Total hours run for the station per day (i.e. combining the on/off
times for both to give the total amount of hours when either of the
units were running)
*Total time off-load for each unit (not necessarilly per day)

I have been able to put formulas in place to work out each of these
aside from the 'total hours run for the station per day', and this is
because there are many things which complicate this:

* the units can run overnight - so they can be on or off at the start
of each day.
* each unit can be turned on 1,2 or 3 times a day and may not run at
all during a day.
* each unit runs completely independantly to the other so the sequence
for on/offs for each is completely random.

I'd appreaciate any help you can give because i've had quite a few
attempts but would need to use more nested IF statements than excel
can handle and i keep confusing myself in the process.

Thanks in advance

Chris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For advanced users: