Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Newbusinessbod

Default Calculation of hourly rate times hours times 1.5

I am using excel to work out a simple sheet to send to payroll. I wanted to
iout the normal rate of pay in one box, then the hours. This then calculates
the wage. However i do not know how to do the same for time and a half. If i
was to input 20 hours in time and a half i would need it to x the hourly rate
then x 1.5 but i cannot get it to perform the function. Please help!
eg. £9.60x20hrsx1.5
Thanks
Hayley.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi

With Hourly rate in A1, standard hours in B1, overtime hours in C1
=B1*A1+C1*A1*1.5
will return the total pay for all hours worked

Regards

Roger Govier