Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I duplicate cell Format.

-- I have been searching for a way how to duplicate cell format. That is
the color of cell and text font and color is identical to a destination cell?
Can anyone help me Please badly need it for several worksheets.

joromajr
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried using the Format Painter icon? You can double-click
this if you need to apply the format to several (non-contiguous)
cells, then press <Esc when you are finished.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Apr 24, 2:45*pm, joromajr
wrote:
-- I have been searching for a way how to duplicate cell format. *That is
the color of cell and text font and color is identical to a destination cell?
Can anyone help me Please badly need it for several worksheets.

joromajr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A bit more explanation. Are you saying you want to copy a cell and have the
destination cell be the same? Your post reads differently. copy/paste
formats or the format painter.

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"joromajr" wrote in message

-- I have been searching for a way how to duplicate cell format. That is
the color of cell and text font and color is identical to a destination
cell?
Can anyone help me Please badly need it for several worksheets.

joromajr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for giving me the time to resolve this. Let say in sheet 1 is my
editing sheet and I have formats in it like font size and cell color. In
sheet three I have link the cell but only returns the value and not the same
font size and cell color.

I do this to have a quicker understanding of sheet 3 and where the values
come from because I color code values and have different font size to make
values traceable.
--
joromajr

"joromajr" wrote in message

-- I have been searching for a way how to duplicate cell format. That is
the color of cell and text font and color is identical to a destination
cell?
Can anyone help me Please badly need it for several worksheets.

joromajr

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your reply. What I meant was, let us say in sheet 1 cell b2
has a certain font size and cell color. sheet 1 cell b2 is linked to sheet 3
d5. And what I did in sheet 3 d5 "=sheet1 d5". The return is just the value
in sheet 3 b2.

What i want to happen is, whatever changes I make like font size and cell
color should have the same outcome in sheet 3 d5. This is to help me
identify source sheet by just looking at font size and cell color.
--
joromajr