Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple column and row duplicate problem

Howdy,
I’ve been trying to find a way to remove duplicates from a database.
The formulas I found work for what they were set out to do, but not
for what I was after.
I have a large database, made from copying and pasting various
sources.
As a result many of the terms are duplicated.
Normal remove dupe formulas and functions would work except that the
database has multiple columns:
A: the terms we require
B: the amount of times this term was used
C: certain stats
This can go on for 5 columns example below

A B C

Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 2 8565 4654
Term 5 4654 7653
Term 3 3543 3607
Term 6 2353 4535
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653

I need a way to remove all the duplicates so dupes of term 1 and the
corresponding numbers in column b and c are removed and I’m left with
1 unique term 1.
Note Term 1 is not the actual term but just an example.

Thanks a million for any help offered.
Have a great weekend too,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Highlight the whole list, including the column headings and use Excel's
Advanced Filter. Put a bullet beside 'Copy to another location', tick the
'Unique records' box and enter the cell to copy the new list to in the space
provided.

Andrea Jones
www.allaboutclait.com

" wrote:

Howdy,
Ive been trying to find a way to remove duplicates from a database.
The formulas I found work for what they were set out to do, but not
for what I was after.
I have a large database, made from copying and pasting various
sources.
As a result many of the terms are duplicated.
Normal remove dupe formulas and functions would work except that the
database has multiple columns:
A: the terms we require
B: the amount of times this term was used
C: certain stats
This can go on for 5 columns example below

A B C

Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 2 8565 4654
Term 5 4654 7653
Term 3 3543 3607
Term 6 2353 4535
Term 1 4234 7653
Term 1 4234 7653

I need a way to remove all the duplicates so dupes of term 1 and the
corresponding numbers in column b and c are removed and Im left with
1 unique term 1.
Note Term 1 is not the actual term but just an example.

Thanks a million for any help offered.
Have a great weekend too,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks
It initially wasn't working for me because the database didn't have
headings. I added column headings and it works a treat. You've made my
work a whole lot easier.