Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using formulas from other workbooks

We have a group of formulas that we always add to a certain spreadsheet.
Right now, we either retype the formulas or try to copy them from another
sheet (although at times it will only copy the value, not the formula itself).

Is there a way to store a given formula or multiple formulas in a way to
copy it into a new spreadsheet?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use macros. But here is a simple way:
Open the worksheet with the required formula
Click on the cell with the formula
Use the mouse to highlight the formula in the Formula Bar
Use CTRL+C to copy
VERY IMPORTANT: press ESC key
Move to new worksheet, locate required cell, use CTRL+V to paste the formula

Alternatively: copy the cells, move to new worksheet; use Edit | Paste
Special and specify Formulas

best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme