Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Formulas between workbooks

I have financial year data from July 1 06 to June 30 07 in one workbook and
have started another workbook, today, July 1st, with the months July07
through to June 08. I used the same formula as I did in the original. I made
a name in Name Manager and told it the value =SUM(June08:July07!$F$200)
meaning I wanted all those 12 sheets to have the value at F200 added
together and that cell with the Financial YTD values to have the total. In
that cell to have that total, I have the name manager name TOTALIN as
=SUM(TOTALIN) which worked in the first workbook. It doesn't work at all in
the second one. Eg, June06-July07 would add up under TOTALIN and show the
total. It wont in the new workbook for June08 to July07. So, I made a NEW
value in Name Manager, called TOTALINC08 in case you cant have the same name
between books and had the totals in it. Wouldn't work. I thought that
possibly this mean that because there was no income total for August07
through to June 08 at F200, it was erroring there so I changed TOTALINC08 to
be the total of July07 and August07 and added $40 to August07. It wont total
them either. It keeps telling me differing errors each time. It sometimes
says that the July07 named sheet isn't right. At other times it says $F$200
isn't right.

So, after a long time working on it, I am stuffed if I know what is wrong.
Has anyone any idea what could be wrong here? Thanks for any help.

Oh and BTW, for F200 for July07 and August07, there IS an autosum from F2 to
F190 in each case. This worked for the previous workbook but not this one.

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi

=SUM(June08:July07!$F$200)

Shouldn't it be
=SUM(July07:June08!$F$200)

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"Diamontina Cocktail" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Roger,

For the original workboook I did have it that way but Excel 2007 swapped it
around the other way.

However, forget my letter. I just saw, after a rest, what I had been doing
wrong. The damned ribbon had me confused and at some time I had clicked
"show formula". When I removed that, it all worked. Sheesh! Thanks anyway.

"Roger Govier" wrote in message
Hi

=SUM(June08:July07!$F$200)

Shouldn't it be