Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Roundup time

Is there a formula for rounding up seconds to the next highest minute?
--
jhodges
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

With the number of seconds in cell B1...
=ROUNDUP(B1/60,0)
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"jhodges"
wrote in message
Is there a formula for rounding up seconds to the next highest minute?
--
jhodges

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure that you've got minutes and seconds, and that you've not got
hours and minutes? Format as hh:mm:ss and then you'll see what you've got.
If you've got hours and minutes when you wanted minutes and seconds, put 60
in a spare cell, copy, select the data that you want to convert, then Edit/
Paste Special/ Divide. If you type in 13:34, it will default to hours and
minutes. If you want minutes and seconds you need to type 0:13:34 or
13:34.0
--
David Biddulph