Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Query Parameter

I need to set up a parameter field for criteria that is user defined. I need
it to be 'Like' (begin with) and I know that I would need to [Enter the
information here] but when I put these together it does not work. Please can
someone help as I am fairly new to this and totally self taught - well with a
bit of help from this site!

I am running the query in Excel using the Wizard. After selecting the data
source and columns required I am editing it via the wizard.

I set criteria on Visit Date field - is not null so that I dont get any
blanks. I set criteria on Cell address to contains C as there could be B
cells also in this field. And finally I want to set criteria on Site Name -
so that the user can determine which site he wants to see the visit history
of. The sheet/source contains only 4 columns, 3 as mentioned above and a
column which is for date changed. The sheet is to record changes to a
specific column in another sheet so records the data changed, when it was
changed and what cell plus the name of the site for that record.

I am not sure what other information you need so if I have not given
something please just let me know. I am really new to queries and do not
know where to go from here.

A point that just occurred to me is that the sheet is currently empty. Not
sure if that will have an impact or not but thought it best to mention.
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
you just having all kinds of problems with this, ain't cha. hang in there.

like [what] &'%'

In MSQ the percent sign is the wildcard character.

See this site for more details
http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...or-in-msquery/

regards
FSt1