Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cut/Paste Subtotal Data

I need to cut and paste the result of data that's been subtotaled. After
hitting #2 and cutting the data, when I try to paste it, the entire data is
pasted and not just the subtotal results. Is there a way to cut/copy and
paste only the subtotal's?

Many thanks if you can help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Stan,

Hide the subtotal details so that only what you want to copy is visible.
Then select the range of cells you want to copy, press F5 then press Alt^S to
bring up the 'Go To Special' dialog box, then select 'Visible cells only'.
Now copy the data, go to where you want the summary data and paste what you
copied.

You should note that this will only produce static values based on the
subtotals at the time you copy them, so if the underlying data changes your
copied values will not update automatically.

HTH,

TK