Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default METADATA - Possible to see file name history?

I recently administered a test in Excel 2007, and it is fairly obvious that
one student cheated by using someone else's completed test. Although I'm 99%
sure of this, I wondered if there is metadata in the Excel file that would
prove it. For instance, does metadata show all the file names that have been
used for the file? What I'm hoping to find is something like this:

ExcelTest.xlsx
ExcelTest_Jane_Doe.xlsx
ExcelTest_John_Smith.xlsx

In this example, the first file name is the original (the first Save). The
second file name occurred when Jane Doe did a "Save As". The last file name
occurred when John Smith made a copy of Jane Does file and renamed it, or did
a Save As.

Is this possible to view? I tried using the Document Inspector, but the
seems to only allow me to remove certain metadata, without actually seeing
it. All I want to do is view the metadata.

Thanks,
Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try the following: