Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Moving data from one column to another

I have an excel spreadsheet with two columns of data. I have used
conditional formatting to compare the two columns to find the numbers that do
not have a match (those numbers are now red font color). Now I would like to
take those red numbers and move them to another column. Can anyone help me?

Thanks,

Tania

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In your new column, simply put the same formula as you used in conditional
formatting to change the format to red.

Or, If you have XL2007, you can use the Data Filter to filter by color.

Regards,
Fred.

"TLAngelo" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet with two columns of data. I have used
conditional formatting to compare the two columns to find the numbers that
do
not have a match (those numbers are now red font color). Now I would like
take those red numbers and move them to another column. Can anyone help
me?

Thanks,

Tania

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you for your response Fred. I don't understand though. If I put the
same formula in the next column, nothing happens. I want to move the numbers
that have only one instance to another column. My data is set up in two
columns, both columns should have the same data in them, but they do not. I
have identified which numbers do not have a match and they all occur in
column b, but I wanted to move them to a new column so I won't have to scroll
throuh the entire list.

Thanks,

Tania

"TLAngelo" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet with two columns of data. I have used
conditional formatting to compare the two columns to find the numbers that
do
not have a match (those numbers are now red font color). Now I would like
take those red numbers and move them to another column. Can anyone help
me?

Thanks,

Tania

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Column A and Column B both have numbers in them (all numbers are font color
"red"), there should be a match to all numbers in Column A in Column B,
however there is not. Conditional formatting for column A is
=COUNTIF(B:B,A1) and format to use when condition is true is to turn the
numbers black. Conditional formatting for Column B is =COUNTIF(A:A,B1) and
format to use when condition is true is to turn the numbers black. So, I now
have a list which has red numbers here and there (all in column B though).
The red numbers are numbers that do not have a match in Column A. So, I want
to move all the red numbers to column C, so I don't have to scroll through
the entire list to find them (it goes through 10284, so that's alot of
scrolling!)

Hope that makes more sense!

Thanks!

Tania

"TLAngelo" wrote in message
I have an excel spreadsheet with two columns of data. I have used
conditional formatting to compare the two columns to find the numbers
that
do
not have a match (those numbers are now red font color). Now I would
like
take those red numbers and move them to another column. Can anyone
help
me?

Thanks,

Tania

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

OK, so then in column C you want:

=if(not(countif(A:A,b1)),b1,"")

and copy down.

That will copy all the entries in column B which don't meet the condition.

Hope this helps,
Fred.