Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Charting Multiple Categories

Good afternoon!
I am looking to make a bar chart with 2 data categories.

Generalized Error Category
Specific Error Type
then plot the quantity.

I would like to have it all on 1 chart...with each general category shown in
a different color if possible...

So engineering errors would all be blue...with error type 1 having 4
instances..and type 2 having 6 instances then mechanical errors would be
pink with error type 3 having 10 instances.....etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for any insight you can give!
have a GREAT day!
brenda
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Set up your data as shown (view in courier):

Mechanical Electrical Hydraulic
Mechanical Gear 11
Bearing 8
Motor 3
Electrical Switch 19
Plug 12
Cord 11
Fuse 3
Bulb 2
Hydraulic Pump 4
Leak 3
Seals 1

The first two cells in the top row are blank. and all cells in first column
except for main categories are also blank.

Select the data, and create a stacked column chart. Format to suit.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Peltier Technical Services, Inc.
774-275-0064
208-485-0691 fax

http://PeltierTech.com/
_______

"frendabrenda1" wrote in message
Good afternoon!
I am looking to make a bar chart with 2 data categories.

Generalized Error Category
Specific Error Type
then plot the quantity.

I would like to have it all on 1 chart...with each general category shown
in
a different color if possible...

So engineering errors would all be blue...with error type 1 having 4
instances..and type 2 having 6 instances then mechanical errors would be
pink with error type 3 having 10 instances.....etc.

I hope that makes sense.

Thank you for any insight you can give!
have a GREAT day!
brenda