Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
lee lee is offline

Default How to set 2 currency format in 1 cell??

I would like to have 2 different currency in a single cell. Is this
possible?? For example, if I want to display "SGD2 - ¥1000" in a single cell
when I type in 2:1000, is this possible?? I can use other character other
than semicolon (:).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you type something like x:y, you're either going to get a time or text.

If you get text, you're not going to be able to use a number format.

If you a time, my bet is that you'd never be able to reverse something like:
0.736111111 which is equal to 17:40:00 (h:m:s).

I got that after I entered this 1:1000 and reformatted the cell.

Even if you could do this, I bet it would be an awful way to do anything with
the values.

I'd use two separate cells.

But if your font doesn't change, you could use two input cells and a third cell
with a formula:

=TEXT(A1,"""USD""#,###.00")&"-"&TEXT(B1,"""CD""#,###.00")

(Formulas don't support character by character formatting.)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Lee,

If your number is always a fixed number of digits (1 before and 4 after the
colon), you can create a custom number format: "SGD"0-"Â¥"0000. Ascii code
for ¥ is Alt 0165.

Hope this helps!