Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel data filter arrow

Hi - I have the unfortunate pleasure of having bought office 2007.

With regards EXCEL I have read that it wasn't possible to change the colour
of the blue arrow that appears when you filter data in earlier excel versions
- but in 2007 the filter isn't even blue anymore - it is slver like
everything else and extremely hard to notice when using large spreadsheets.

Given this is an 'improved' (?) version - is there now any way to at least
make it blue - if not a variety of other colours. I can't find any options to
do this (although to be fair I can't find the options tab anymore either).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paste this code behind your SHEET < might be good alternative for you

Private Sub Worksheet_Calculate()
Dim af As AutoFilter
Dim fFilter As Filter
Dim iFilterCount As Integer

If ActiveSheet.AutoFilterMode Then
Set af = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter
iFilterCount = 1
For Each fFilter In af.Filters
If fFilter.On Then
af.Range.Cells(1, iFilterCount) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = 6
Else
af.Range.Cells(1, iFilterCount) _
.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End If
iFilterCount = iFilterCount + 1
Next fFilter
Else
Rows(1).EntireRow.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone

"Chris" wrote:

Hi - I have the unfortunate pleasure of having bought office 2007.

With regards EXCEL I have read that it wasn't possible to change the colour
of the blue arrow that appears when you filter data in earlier excel versions
- but in 2007 the filter isn't even blue anymore - it is slver like
everything else and extremely hard to notice when using large spreadsheets.

Given this is an 'improved' (?) version - is there now any way to at least
make it blue - if not a variety of other colours. I can't find any options to
do this (although to be fair I can't find the options tab anymore either).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ok... thanks for info.

Now is where I show my stupidity.... how do I paste it behind the sheet?
Will this work on all new and opened spreadsheets, or just the worksheet I
paste it behind? and will this affect other shading in the worksheet?

Really appreciate your response - unfortunately no clever enough to use it!
:-(

thanks
C.