GolfGal

Default auto filter arrow won't go away

I have unchecked 'auto filter' but the arrows still remain and will not go
away. They do nothing, no drop downs.

Can anyone help?
Dave Peterson

Maybe this'll help...

Select your cells with the arrows -- just the header row is enough.

Then Insert|name|Define
in the names in workbook box, type this:

'Sheet1'!_FilterDatabase

(change sheet1 to match your worksheet name.)

This is a hidden name that excel needs to use. If you delete it, you can have
problems with autofilter.

--

Dave Peterson