Steve Horn

Default How attach data in a row so it can be sorted by the date column?

I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted into
one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I
select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort
and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do?
Biff

Hi!

Select the entire range that you want to sort.

Goto DataSort.

Sort by the column that contain the dates.

Biff

I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have

copied and pasted into
one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date

column. When I
select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button

only the dates sort
and not other information in the adjacent columns. What

can I do?
.

Ragdyer

Select the *entire* range that you wish to be included in the sort
operation.
Then start the sort.

Never, never, never allow XL to choose your range.
It's right most of the time ... BUT ... *not all* of the time!
--
HTH,

RD