Ragdyer

Select the *entire* range that you wish to be included in the sort
operation.
Then start the sort.

Never, never, never allow XL to choose your range.
It's right most of the time ... BUT ... *not all* of the time!
--
HTH,

RD

"Steve Horn" <Steve wrote in message
I have a four spread sheets all the same that I have copied and pasted

into
one. I need to know now how to sort the rows by the date column. When I
select the date column and hit the tool bar a-z button only the dates sort
and not other information in the adjacent columns. What can I do?