Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Networkdays including sundays

I need to calculate the number of net work days between two input fields that
hold dates. The net work days may include saturdays or sundays. I have a
holidays array for exclusion.

I am using =SUMPRODUCT(--(holidays=$B$5),--(holidays<=$B$6),holc) to
calculate the holidays and networkdays(a,b) to calculate the net work days
and then subtracting. I use the holidays elswhere so I need them broken out.

Sometimes I want saturday and or sunday included. Sometimes weekdays are
excluded. I have set up an array that shows the following.

QualifierD Name Start End QualifierOpen
1 Mon 7 7 True (1)
2 Tue 7 7 True (1)
3 Wed 7 7 True (1)
4 Thur False (0)
5 Fri 7 7 True (1)
6 Sat 7 7 True (1)
7 Sun False (0)

The QualifierD is to use conditional formatting to alert me when a holiday
falls on a Tuesday or a Thursday. The QualifierOpen is tied to the days of
the week that the business is open for.

What I would like to do is set this up so that if the qualifier has a 1 or
true return calculation, then the day would be counted within the period I
want to pull the report for. If it is false it would not be counted. This
file will only cover a one year time span. 1/1 - 12/31. Then I would copy and
paste the application and start a new file, possibly with different hours.

Can anyone direct me as to how to write this function.

Thanks

Frank Pytel