Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple Instances Excel07..Excel Paste Special Menu Uses Word PS

I was having trouble with Office documents opening very slowly. I did the
recommended DDE workaround.

Now I am having problems with Excel's "Paste Special" menu. It uses the
Word "Paste Special" menu. I have tried opening a single instance of Excel
as well as multiple instances. I still have the problem. I can't seem to
get the default Excel paste special menu back.

Suggestions?

Andrew
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok, I did this:

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

Now the Excel Paste Special menu comes up if I use a single instance of
Excel. However, it is imperative I get the paste special menu to work
properly with multiple instances of Excel. I do a TON of work over a
network. Opening the files back and forth would be a pain.

Thanks!!!

Andrew