Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Some users not able to open excel shared workbook

We store shared workbook on the network drive so it can be viewed and edited
by several users (around 10 users) in different departments. At times some
users experiences slowness in opening the workbook but to others it can be
opened normally. Sometimes, the workbook may not be opened by some users, but
others can open it. After trying to disable the "share workbook" function,
the problems stated didn't occur. But we need the the file to be viewed or
edited at the same time by more than 1 user. We're using excel 2000. If we
update to excel 2003, will this help solve the problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I doubt it will help, the shared workbooks function has never worked 100%.
There are always
problems involved. There are no plans to improve the reliability either.

Peo Sjoblom